Windham R20 AR-308 308 Win Semi-Automatic Rifle
- Model: R20FFTM-308
- Calibers: .308 Win.
- Weight / Length: 9.05 lbs without Magazine. / 40.75″
- Type: Rifle – Semi-Automatic Gas Impingement System
- Magazine: 5 Rounds for hunting regulation; other .308 magazines fit & function
- Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum – Flat Top Upper Receiver with Integral Mil Std 1913 Rail
- Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodize
- Bolt: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 20″ Fluted – Chrome Lined Medium Profile with A2 Birdcage type Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Material: 4150M Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel
- Rifling: 1 x 10″ Right Hand Twist / 6 Lands & Grooves
- Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Overmolded Pistol Grip
- Buttstock: Magpul MOE Fixed Length Stock
- Forend: Magpul MOE M-Lok Rifle Length Handguard
- Rear Sight: None – Mil Std 1913 Rail ready for Scope; Optic or Accessory Rear Sight
- Front Sight: None – Railed Gas Block ready for Accessory Front Sight
- Includes: Lockable Hard Plastic Case / Black Web Sling / Full Color Operator & Safety Manual / Transferable Lifetime Warranty
Engineers at Windham Weaponry put their heads together and built the parameters for a lightweight .308 rifle (9.05 lbs) which is also balanced and comfortable to handle, without a lot of overly expensive features to keep cost under control.
The result of this is the groundbreaking R20 AR-308, which came together very nicely. The 20″ fluted barrel supplies long range accuracy, yet still keeps the weight down. The Magpul Fixed Length Buttstock brings multiple sling attachment options, along with a comfortable rubber recoil pad under which is a handy storage compartment for spare parts, ammo, compass, granola bars, etc. (well, maybe not all that at once!). The companion Magpul Rifle Length Forend offers multiple attachment options for M-Lok accessory rails and great internal heat shielding. A Hogue Overmolded Rubber Pistol Grip rounds out the ergonomic accessories and is the perfect, non-slip hunting pistol grip.
As with many of their other models, Windham opted to leave the choice of sight, scope or optics up to the individual hunter, as those choices vary so much between individuals. With Mil Std 1913 “Picatinny” rails on both receiver and gas block, they made adding those sight choices as easy as tightening the screws.
So, if you’re looking to hunt big game with a .308 caliber Modern Sporting Rifle, Windham just did all the preliminary work for you. Happy hunting!
There are no inquiries yet.